Wednesday, February 01, 2017

my humbldte studios, and ramblings

I couldn't figure out how to get a subtle Humboldt county pun into the title so i just lost some vowels and ended up with something that doesn't make much sense. Anyway, the joke is ruined by me explaining it not to mention I'm not even close enough to be making a Humboldt county joke to begin with.. but that is all behind me now.

The future involves a very nice little studio where I will be making a Mid Sized (not sedan) chess set. A good friend of mine out here in California has a commissioned a chess set and I will be staying at his apartment and working in a studio which is essentially the foyer of said apartment. But it's truly perfect. It's like building the studio around the project instead of the vice versa. Which normally when I'm thinking of a studio setting for a job it means an area getting bigger, but here the size of the project and the size of the space will both benefit from the convenience of compactness.

I hope.


Current welder spec : Hobart 140, running 030 solid wire and 75.25 co2

No comments: