Monday, July 27, 2009

Rules were made to be excepted.

For every rule the necessary proof is usually stated as the exception. Without the exception, for some odd reason, the rule cannot be proven. Well I don't know if it worked that way in the oligarchies of yore, but today I think most people find themselves existing happily within these exceptions. I don't know if that makes sense entirely... but I feel that way somewhere deep down in the marrow of my bones, maybe in the same way my friend Rebeca (Becky the Knife) feels a twinge in her back whenever she has a thought thats all too clear. I think because so little is constant in this day and age and everything is so transient, that we find ourselves existing within these loopholes. My contradiction which I stated below, this in between area which I struggle within, which seemingly pinholes me down a very narrow street, happens to be one which I've made a comfortable little place for myself in. The breakdown as I wrote about it is not so plain and simple. There are more types of people than those with and those without. There exists those exception, those people who do understand. Who graduated Suma Cum Laude from the school of hard knocks and have grown to appreciate the grit and rawness of life for what it is. Those are the exceptions who prove my rule. 

I think that makes some sense... maybe. 

and now I'll post a picture of a sculpture....



No comments: